Tuesday, October 11, 2016

"God Willing & The Creek Don;t Rise..."

The Truth Of The Matter Is:
...

!!!!!!!
It's hard to believe that it has been over a year since I decided to begin a blog that was totally dedicated to sharing the Good News of Jesus.

Of course, I hope that ALL of my blogs do that, but I mean that this blog would be a kind of devotional.

Anyway, before I started it, I wanted the conditions to be "just right" for it -- whatever that might mean.

To me, it meant (for one thing) that it would be after I had regular Internet service at home so that I could make new entries on a frequent enough basis that the blog would continue to be prominent.


Anyway, it looked as if I were going to be in this situation when I began working on this blog and made a single entry -- an entry that actually was written over a course of several days.

Before I did the entry, I designed the blog to make it ready for the entry.

Anyway -- up until I put together the entry you're reading now -- THIS (where clicking on this link leads) was the only entry in this blog.

Anyway, as things stand right now, I'm still not connected at home to the Internet and depend on those times when I can get out to get on and share things.

Notice the title of this (current) entry:

"God Willing & The Creek Don't Rise..."

This was a favorite saying of one of my mom's first cousins, Juanita, and we both like it as well.

Of the three of us, I'm the only one left here in this phase of life, as both our cousin and my mom have passed on.

If you've read anything at all that I've written (especially, in the past few years), you'll know that I've had some challenges sent my way.  Hopefully, I've learned from them, put them to good use, and continue to learn from them and put them to good use.

Anyway, I'm hoping to be writing a whole lot more in here in the near future -- and, for now, I'm going to be sharing a link to another blog-entry that will give you an idea of where I'm "at" at this time.

Actually, I'm writing on both it and this blog-entry at the same time (that is, going back-and-forth).

God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be back here this Thursday to share another entry in this blog, which I hope to be able to keep up with a lot more.

For some reason, God wanted me to wait (likely, to learn more in order to do a better job of it) before I began writing in this blog on a more regular basis.

Anyway, I've found out (or, should I say, realize even more) that God does a very good job when it comes to delays.

Sometimes, He puts it on my heart to do something right away.  There are other times, however, when I can hardly wait to get started, but He holds me back.

The important thing to do is to trust...

(to be continued -- when God says so ...)